Manotick Curling Center
Payment and Registration Fee Refund Policy
Updated April, 2019
The refund policy of the Manotick Curling Center is intended to address requests for a refund of registration fees only. Capital fund fees (as specified at registration, locker fees and other administrative fees are not refundable. Refund requests from members in good standing, as of the close of registration for the current season, should be submitted to the Vice-President as soon as the member becomes aware that he or she will not be able to participate in curling activities over an extended period during the curling season.
Unforeseen injuries or illness are a fact of life which affect people’s ability to curl. The Manotick Curling Center does not want to profit from the health issues of members. However, the club can only operate if membership dues are reliably available to pay for the ongoing costs of the curling centre.
These refund guidelines apply for league fees. Learn to Curl has its own refund policies.
The decision making body for refunds will be the Refund Committee made up of the following board members: Vice-President, Membership and Curling Operations. This committee will respond to refund requests. This committee will normally use the Guidelines below but are free to depart from them when exceptional circumstances warrant. Their findings may be appealed to the Board of Directors.
Requests for a refund should be sent to the Vice-President.
Responsibility for Payment
Individual families are responsible for paying their own fees. We will not accept payments that combine the fees of individuals not all in the same family.
Amount of Refund
The amount of the refund will cover registration fees only. The amount will be proportional to the 6 month period from October to April normally beginning with the date a request is received until the player can return to play.
- The club will refund members in the following situations:
- League cancellation – should a league be cancelled before the curling season begins, the member’s preference of a full refund, credit on account or enrollment in another available league, will be honoured.
- Season ending injury – defined as an injury that would remove the member from further play for the balance of the season and the playoffs.
- Relocation outside of the area due to work.
- Health concerns or illness of the member or his/her immediate family for an extended period of time – at least 2 months - during the season.
- “Snowbirds” - after January 1 of the curling season 40% of the registration fee – this applies to morning & Saturday Night Leagues only.
- Other reasons deemed valid by the Refund Committee.
- The Club does not refund fees paid for registration in the following cases:
- Expulsion from the club.
- Voluntary withdrawal of the member unrelated to any of the situations listed in section A above.
- Requests related to previous curling seasons.
- One becomes “too busy” for curling or decide that they “don’t like it”.
- Other reasons deemed invalid by the Board of Directors.
Refund requests must be in writing directed to the Vice President, and should be submitted as early in the season as possible. The request should clear state the reason for the request with sufficient detail to assess against the criteria above. The time period should also be clearly delineated.
All requests will be reviewed and approved by the Refund Committee before any funds are released. The decision of the Refund Committee can be appealed to the Board of Directors.
Late Payment Fees
- a) provide consistency and minimize surprises and disputes over the payment of dues and refunds;
- b) eliminate the time and effort wasted chasing members for payments of their dues;
- c) provide those who pay on time with fair treatment;
- d) retain some minor compensation for costs incurred in processing applications, late payments and refunds.
The Manotick Curling Club requires all returning club members to pay the appropriate membership fee in full so that it is received by September 30 at the start of the curling season, or a $25 late payment fee will be added to their cost of membership for that season. The onus is on individual members to take steps to ensure that their annual membership fees are paid on time to avoid the assessment of a late payment fee.
New members joining the club for the first time are not subject to the late payment fee. There is no late payment fee for league changes made after September 1st.
MCC Board of Directors
Date: 24April 2019